CLASS Certification for college head coaches will be available in Spring 2019!
The CLASS Certification program has been designed specifically for coaches participating in USA Clay Target League programs. The League’s CLASS Certification provides a comprehensive and interactive online education and training program designed specifically for League coaches.
- One head coach for each team may complete the CLASS Certification for free. A single-use promotional code was sent to head coaches of existing teams and will be sent when each new team is added to the League.
- Assistant coaches or volunteers may complete the CLASS Certification for $50 each.
- All coaches registered with the League receive General Liability Insurance.
- All coaches that complete the CLASS Certification receive an official iron-on certificate patch from the USA Clay Target League.
Benefits of the CLASS Certification
Many benefits include:
- Free – for one Head Coach per team.
- Affordable – other coaches can take the course for less than most shotgun coach training programs.
- Accessible – available online to everyone with tablet, smartphone or computer.
- Comprehensive – the online course takes 5-6 hours to complete and no travel required.
- Fun – animated graphics, sound, and interactive learning make it entertaining.
- Convenient – progress can be saved at anytime to work around busy schedules.
- Relevant – it’s all about clay target shooting sports, youth, and firearm safety.
- Consistent – CLASS-Certified coaches across the nation learn the same content.
- Support – dedicated Coach Education and Support Manager available to assist with all questions.
Lesson 1: Acquire Coaches and Volunteers
Lesson 2: Team Technology
Lesson 3: Recruit Student Athletes
Lesson 4: Partnering with a Shooting Range
Lesson 5: Resources for Ammunition
Lesson 6: Implement a Safety Plan
Lesson 7: Develop Team Communications
Lesson 8: Teaching the Skills of the Sport
Lesson 9: Recognize Achievements
Range Safety Officer (RSO) Introduction
RSO Lesson 1: General Range Safety
RSO Lesson 2: Education and Communication
RSO Lesson 3: Safety behind the Firing Line
RSO Lesson 4: Safety on the Firing Line
RSO Lesson 5: In Case of an Emergency