All student athletes are required to complete and submit certificates for either one of two League-approved firearm safety certification programs – a state-approved hunter education certificate or the League’s SAFE Certification.
Firearm safety certification is required to be submitted at the time of registration. Teams should verify the firearm safety training certification requirements with the shooting range where they will be conducting League events.
Student athletes cannot shoot at an event on a team at any time without League-approved firearm safety certification. A student athlete that is missing League-approved firearm safety certification in their athlete profile will be removed from the team’s roster when the registration deadline expires.
SAFE Certificate Benefits
- Affordable – about the same as other hunter education classes
- Accessible – available online with a computer
- Comprehensive – the online course takes 3-4 hours to complete
- Fun – animated graphics, sound, and interactive learning make it entertaining
- Convenient – progress can be saved at anytime to work around busy schedules
- Relevant – it’s all about clay target shooting sports and firearm safety
- Consistent – everyone will learn the same content from a single source
- Verified – clay target team coaches help complete the SAFE Range Certification
Learn more about the League’s SAFE Certification HERE